The All-New 2018 Honda Odyssey
This Minivan Takes Family-Friendly Design, Performance and Technology to the Next Level
The all-new 2018 Honda Odyssey minivan recently made its world debut at Detroit’s famed North American International Auto Show (NAIAS).
Already the most popular minivan with individual American car buyers for seven years running, the next-generation Odyssey offers sleek, sophisticated modern styling and innovative features to keep every member of the family happy.
Advanced Connectivity & Entertainment
The 2018 Odyssey offers a host of connected-vehicle features and technologies:
- Available on EX trims and above, the new 8-inch high-resolution (720p) Display Audio touchscreen interface features intuitive menus and customizable app tiles. It serves as the nerve center for a multitude of new audio and telematics options, including Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility.
- CabinWatch uses a camera to let the driver and front passenger keep tabs on passengers in the second and third rows via the Display Audio screen. (Parents, now you really will have “eyes in the back of your head!”)
- CabinTalk lets the driver speak to passengers through the second- and third-row speakers and rear entertainment system headphones.
- Second- and third-row passengers can watch streaming video on the ceiling-mounted, 10.2-inch WSVGA Connected Rear Entertainment System, through the available in-vehicle 4G LTE Wi-Fi, public Wi-Fi or a cellphone data plan.
- The downloadable CabinControl app enables smartphone control of the rear entertainment system, rear cabin heat and AC, and allows users to send locations to the Honda navigation system.
New Magic Slide™ Second-Row Seat
Magic Slide™ provides the ultimate in family friendly cabin seating flexibility. The second-row seat is easily reconfigurable for optimal passenger comfort, people- and cargo-hauling flexibility, and easy access to third-row seating.
Advanced Safety and Driver-Assistive Technologies
All 2018 Odysseys in EX and above trims will feature the Honda Sensing™ suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies as standard equipment. These include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS™)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
The Odyssey also features an Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure and advanced airbags.
Additional Features and Technologies
Additional standard and available features include:
- Hands-free power tailgate with foot activation
- LED headlights
- Auto high-beam headlights
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated side mirrors
- Heated steering wheel
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Blind spot information (on all models with Honda Sensing™)
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
- Electric Parking Brake with Brake Hold
- Three-zone automatic climate control
- Wireless device charging
- Multi-zone audio
- Sirius 2.0, Pandora compatibility
- HD Radio™
- HondaVac® in-vehicle vacuum
The 2018 Honda Odyssey is launching at dealerships nationwide this spring.