- Is focused on the process of understanding and meeting customer needs.
- Must have basic knowledge of automotive systems and thorough knowledge of prices, models, series, options, and other variations of the manufacturer’s products.
- Should know much about competitors’ products and prices.
- Should demonstrate sensitivity toward customers and a strong interest in exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Must have polished communication skills with customers, including the ability to present the dealerships products and to pinpoint customers’ needs by interviewing and questioning.
- Must work with the Sales Manager in completing sales contracts that meet customers’ needs.
- Is capable of addressing customer hesitation and resistance.
- Presents a positive image of the dealership, both in mode of dress and in helpful and friendly attitude.
- In conjunction with the Sales Manager, determines personal sales goals and the methods by which those goals will be met, which affords the Sales Consultant a structured method of building a clientele and achieving success.
- Works systematically not only in the sales process but also in the process of handling the many administrative requirements of the position (e.g., paperwork, plans, reports, and the maintenance of a tracking system on prospects and owners).
- Maintenance of Product
- Industry Knowledge
- Interdepartmental Relations
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer Enthusiasm
- Organizing and Planning
- Knowledge of sales procedures, processes, and follow-up
- Ability to receive guests
- Ability to effectively relate to customers of all backgrounds and to focus on customer enthusiasm
- Knowledge of company products (prices, models, series, options, warranties, colors, standard equipment, specifications)
- Ability to network, follow up on prospects, and ask for referrals
- Ability to counsel customers (regarding their likes, dislikes, needs)
- Ability to drive customer and company vehicles safely
Work Orientation Factors
- Much customer contact
- Long hours
- Moderate stress
- Much contact with people in all dealership departments
What the Worker is Like
- May be hired with no prior sales experience or might come to the dealership with a background in insurance, real estate, or retail sales.
- Must have a positive attitude and bearing.
- Comes to each prospective sale with the same smile and engaging nature.
- Genuinely enjoys customers and engages them in purposeful conversations that gather information important to a sale, and probes for possible alternative suggestions and ideas.
- Works readily with numbers and can discuss the company’s products with accuracy and assurance.
- While capable of working with a Sales Manager, is an accomplished self-manager when it comes to using time productively.
What the Work is Like
- Entails knowing the entire dealership thoroughly, department to department.
- Involves continual learning about new approaches to sales, new information regarding products, new administrative efficiencies, and customers.
- Requires building strong interdepartmental relationships, particularly with the Business Department and Financial Services, and paying close attention to the requirements of those departments within the process of selling.
- Involves risk and satisfaction, long hours, and much teamwork.
7017 E Kellogg Dr
Wichita, KS 67207
Apply in person, or call GM, Brad Cox, or Sales Manager, Chevis Coleman with questions, and/or to schedule a time to fill out application onsite. 316-688-6400