Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour
The Lot Porter:
· Checks the delivery log daily.
· Alerts Sales Consultants that sold units are arriving.
· Physically checks new vehicles into the dealership, noting and reporting any damage from transit.
· Prepares stock folders for new vehicles.
· Assigns stock numbers to each new vehicle, puts the number in the vehicle window, and ensures that the proper keys are in the vehicle.
· Identifies keys with proper tags for new vehicles.
· Prepares vehicle “wash-out.”
· Notes that the appropriate accessories have been installed in vehicles.
· Ensures that service orders are written for preps
· Parks vehicles in inventory, in stock for new vehicles, or in the service area for vehicles being serviced.
· Checks retailer trade vehicles for possible damage.
· Ensures that the owner’s manual and appropriate accessories are in the vehicle.
· Completes the odometer statements for all outbound and inbound vehicles.
· Parks retailer trade vehicles in inventory.
· Washes and waxes new vehicles and dresses the tires.
· Ensures that engines and trunks are properly detailed.
· Double-checks fluid levels in newly sold vehicles.
· Vacuums and washes the windows (inside and outside) of newly sold vehicles.
· Ensures that newly sold vehicles have full gas tanks prior to delivery to customers.
· Checks to ensure that technicians have accurately completed PDI (pre-delivery inspection) forms.
· Drives vehicles from technicians’ stalls to the service parking area.
· Wash serviced vehicles and moves them to the service parking area.
· Drives service/repair customers to their homes or places of employment.
· Runs miscellaneous errands for the dealership.
· Assists in ensuring the neat appearance of the dealership (e.g., picks up litter, shovels snow off vehicles, wipes off showroom cars, cleans office windows).
· Assists in directing traffic for service events.
· Changes license plates of sold vehicles when requested.
· Replaces trade vehicles’ retail plate frames.